Boston Cape Cod and the Islands - with Canada and New England Cruise Option Vista Suite, 2022
Boston Cape Cod And The Islands – With Canada And New England Cruise Option Vista Suite, 2022
This one-week guided tour blends history with glamour as you travel from Massachusetts to Rhode Island. Follow the red-brick Freedom Trail in Boston to see where the U.S. took shape. On the shores of Cape Cod Bay, see Sandwich, a coastal town famous for its glassmakers; here, visit the Sandwich Glass Museum, where you can learn tricks of the trade. At Martha’s Vineyard, a driver will take you past the former home of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and to Oak Bluffs, an idyllic town with gingerbread-like cottages. Indulge in a sea-to-table feast filled with fish caught from local fishermen, fresh produce from nearby farms and delicacies picked by foragers. In the seaside city of Newport, board an 80-foot schooner to cruise the coastline, taking in views of historical buildings and the homes of the rich and famous – and learn about the area’s past as a pirates’ haven.
- Boston: At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests.
- Sandwich: Relax at your charming inn tonight and indulge in a Dinner with wine.
- Marthas Vineyard: Tonight’s Sea-to-Table Highlight Dinner at Bettini Restaurant is sure to delight with the season’s freshest offerings from local farms, fishing boats, foragers and markets.
- Newport: Meet your new friends in the evening for a seafood Celebration Dinner with wine, where you can share the highlights of your trip.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Plymouth: Further your knowledge on the struggles the early settlers faced at Plimoth Plantation. This living memorial is dedicated to the Pilgrim Fathers and historical education of the public on how early settlers lived, expanded their settlements and interacted with their environment and the Wampanoag People.
- Newport: Explore in nautical style onboard the Adirondack II, an 80-foot (24 metre) schooner, as you cruise around the coastline.
Top Rated Highlights
- Boston: See Boston’s red-brick Freedom Trail come to life as your Travel Director leads you through this historic walking tour.
- Plymouth: Visit Pilgrim Hall Museum, the oldest continuously operating public museum in the country and America’s museum of Pilgrim possessions. Meet a direct descendant of the Mayflower party that landed on America’s shores in 1620 and hear their family stories.
- Sandwich: Experience the techniques of the English and Irish glassmakers at the Sandwich Glass Museum.
- Cape Cod: Tour the Cape Cod National Seashore and see the pristine sandy stretches and blue water.
- Martha’s Vineyard: Visit Oak Bluffs with its ‘gingerbread cottages’ and tour the island.
- Newport: Visit the Breakers, the grandest of Newport’s summer cottages.
- Scenic Drives: Travel along Ocean Drive in Newport, Rhode Island. Enjoy the natural beauty of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Boston, the Cradle of Liberty
Pilgrim heritage and on to Sandwich
Sandwich, oldest town on the Cape
Martha's Vineyard, a Presidential Paradise
Newport, the Queen of Summer Resorts
Back to Boston
Join Canada & New England Discovery Cruise
Bar Harbor, Maine
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island
The Gulf of Saint Lawrence
Disembark in Montreal